Monday, April 02, 2007

Magical Trip

Back fresh from Mickey World where, although I refused to stand in line to meet the famous mouse, I did sidle up to Pluto in the street for a quick photo opportunity.

The sun shone for us while we were there and we somehow managed to find ourselves a little excitement on the side, resulting in an impromptu tv appearance and a brief mention on the six o'clock news. Nothing of a criminal nature I hasten to add.

On the plane on the way back we were puzzling how we managed to turn a simple break into the kind of trip where people were pointing at us in the supermarket and one or two even approached us saying "I saw you on TV last night".

Not quite the kind of holiday (or fame) we had in mind!

I now find myself a champion of the underdog and rather (accidently I might add) associated with a consumer issues campaign; one that will not go away just because I am now back in the UK.

Overall, excitement aside, the trip fully lived up to the plan. Relaxation, chillin' and a little retail therapy thrown in made for one set of happy tourists...who once again had to buy another suitcase in which to carry all the bounty home again.

And now reality beckons; the excitement and relaxation of our holiday faded faster than our (very light) tan.

No comments: